10 – Travel Options
List on TAP Itinerary Details transportation options for each Adventure under consideration. Some transportation choices include:
- private vehicle(s) including rental vehicles
- taxi or shuttle
- public bus,(bus line or chartered bus)
- light rail, subways
- transcontinental/regional rail (train)
- water ways, ferries (various water craft)
When considering transportation costs include:
- fuel costs
- parking fees
- baggage fees
- contingency funds for possible vehicle repairs including tires, belts, hoses etc.
- unit equipment trailer security/roadability
- rental fees
11 – Reservations and Permits
For each Adventure option under consideration, list on a separate TAP Itinerary Details worksheet:
- advance reservation requirements
- stops along-the- way
- side trips
- final destination
Determine what permits may be required such as parking, fire permits, fishing licenses and other permits or licenses as may be required by state and local laws, etc.
If you are planning a backcountry trek, review the hunting season dates for all areas through which the Adventure participants will hike.